Monday 23 November 2009

DITA Session 8

So I am using boolean search terms in Bing

all of these terms "arts & crafts movement" AND "architecture" AND "best"
throws up great results
in fact even better than when I did not specify 'all of these terms' in the searchbox

When I replaced AND with or in the exact same query as above it gave me results I have no interest in, in fact most were about cooking and recipes!!!

No one has an answer for me if I search askign for the exact phrase "Who is the best architect in the arts and crafts movement?"

Not suprising - I am sure that is up for debate, although in my opinion it is Frank Lloyd Wright.

 Onto the next experiment ...

Creating inverted files.

I understand it - I guess I am suppossed to make two different documents and create inverted files.

I will make them in an excel spreadsheet

I will use

DOC 1: durer and the rabbit statue in nuremberg
DOC 2: gothic sculpture photographed and archived in collection

No comments:

Post a Comment