Monday 9 November 2009

DITA Session 6 Reflections

I feel this need to write code and I am limited bc I don't know the language well enough.

I love how intuitive this all is and bc I love writing I am all the more frustrated by my lack of second nature ability to just write away. I could structure these things for hours.

Cascadign Style Sheets are my answer to so much ... I can see why peopel who are good at them pay so much for them. As a librarian it is important to be able to interface with colleagues within your work that are masters of these style sheets, as otherwise your users would not like using your resources and find it very frustrating.

A website or portal for information should be layed out and presented in an way that engages and is easy/efficient for the user. Style is key.

This is all very exciting for me - I am really understanding the different work that must be done to create efficient and useful and popluar information resources.

That being said I am frustrated by my lack of ability to rattle off code and work quickly. It is hard going back to school - patience is something I have lost as I have grown older, and it is essential I keep control over my frustration as this can't be learned in a heartbeat. It takes practice.

I can't wait unti I get my new big screen desktop - it will be so much easier for me to start looking at multiple frames!

Oh and another thing I did today was learn how to save my code correctly so it can be read by browsers. Didn't quite master that last session! Take a look at my first XML:

OOPS YOU CAN'T BC IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!

I suck.

I swear I will be bald by the end of this term from pulling on my hair.

'THIS IS LIKE OPENING THE BONNET TO SEE WHAT IS INSIDE' - from my Professor Andy MacFarlane

No comments:

Post a Comment