Monday 26 October 2009

DITA Session #5 part 2

So I tried to publish what I thought was my first XML on the samba server, and it didn't work. I think I am missing a piece of software - I probably jumped the gun. I am sure I will figure out why it didn't work next week.

In the menatime this week I will take the skeleton on the example as given in this week's exercise and plug my own tags into it to create at least the skeleton of my own database that I will one day hopefully be able t opublish.

I the meantiem I anjoyed this weeks lecture and excersizes and I love that grammar and sytax aren't just things in books anymore. They are actually tools I use! (And yes I know you can say I use them every day when I speak, but this is decidely different to me. I don't go around saying 'hey! open bracket library close bracket openbracket reflist description such and such close bracket.')

Anyhow XML is a language that quite simply organises information. It is a stack of virtual shelves upon which information lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment